ENTER THE DISCUSSION FORUM -- FEATURED ARTIST CLASSIFIED ADS ARTICLES OF INTEREST FRET-NETWORK GUITAR SHOPS LUTHIER LINKS RELATED LINKS HOME
If you know of a builder or supplier that is not listed here, please contact us with the information.
Schools and Instruction
- Newark & Sherwood College in Newark, England offers classes in classical guitar and violin construction.
- Fretted Instrument Construction Course at the Manchester College of Arts and Technology (UK)
- Galloup School of Lutherie In his Big Rapids, Michigan shop, Bryan Galloup offers a Journeyman Course at 8 weeks and a Master Course at 24 weeks long.
- Fretwork Guitar Repair School - This interesting and engaging program is all about making sure you understand the nature of acoustic and electric guitars.
- American School of Lutherie - Learn state-of-the-art guitar making in short-term, intensive classes with Charles Fox, master builder and educator with 40 years of experience to share -
offerings for both beginning and experienced luthiers.
- Sergei de Jonge
- Roberto-Venn School of Lutherie - A very comprehensive four-month course taught in Phoenix Arizona.
- Timeless Instruments - Luthier David Freeman offers a 7 week hands on instruction in design, building ,finish & setup of steel & classical guitars.
- Recording Connection is an established music industry school where students train for careers as professional recording engineers.
- Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical - Southeast Tech has a program in Stringed Instrument Repair including guitar repair and construction.
- GuitarRepairBench.com - guitarrepairbench.com is dedicated to providing the best instructional articles about guitar repair, maintenance, and guitar building on the web, so you can repair your own guitars.
Builders (updated 02/08/2013)
A A.J. Lucas Aaron Green Abyss Guitars Acme Archtops Al Carruth Alan Fontanilla Alberico Guitars
Andrew Mowry Andrew White Anthony Karol Arnie Gamble Ayers Guitars B Baranik Guitars Barry Dudley Baruke Guitars Bashkin Guitars Bill Cumpiano Bischoff Guitars Bob Cefalu Boucher Guitars Brad Nickerson Breedlove Guitars Brent Mcelroy Brook Guitars Bruce Sexauer C Caldwell Guitars Cervantes Guitars Charles Fox Charlie Hoffman Chris Bozung Chris Jenkins Clint Bear Clinesmith Resonator Guitars Collings Crafters Of Tennessee D Dana Bourgeois Daniel Turner Dave Bertoncini David Berkowitz Dave Deighton David Freeman David Haxton
David MacCubbin -
David Noble Guitars David S. Bland David Webber David White Denis Merrill - D.M. Darling Guitars - www.darlingguitars.com Don Kawalek Doolin Guitars Dubois Guitars Dunwell Guitar E Ed Claxton Ed Foley Ed Gnaedinger Eichelbaum Guitars Ellis Guitars Eric Monrad Ervin Somogyi F Filippo Avignonesi Flammang Guitars Fred Carlson Froggy Bottom Guitars Fylde Guitars G Gallagher Guitars Galloup Guitars Geiger Guitars Gilet Guitars Goodall Guitars
GDW Custom Guitars - Graham Wright
Green Mountain Guitars Greenfield Guitars Greg Pacetti Greg S. Brandt - www.gregbrandtguitars.com Guitarras Madrigal H Haight Gutiars - Sharon & Norman Haight Hans Brentrup Mandolins Harry Fleishman Harvey Leach Hayes Guitars Heiden Stringed Instruments Howard Klepper Huss & Dalton J J. Lindholm J. R. Zeidler James Burkett Jamie Kinscherff James W. Murphy Jay Gordon - Gordon Guitar Works - gordonguitarworks.com Jay Lichty Jds Guitars Jeff Robertson Jeffrey Yong Jeffrey Yong Jez Broun Jim Holler Jim Merrill Jim Triggs Jim Worland John David Scott Guitar Company John F. Mello John Fitch John Greven John How Guitars John Kingslight John Kinnaird John Le Voi Guitars John Mayes John Osthoff Guitars John Widman - www.widmancustomelectrics.com Johnathan Payne Johnny Rushing Judy Threet Julius Borges Justin Hopkins K Kathy Wingert Ken Miller Guitars Ken Parker Ken Savage Kent Everett Kevin Ryan Kim Griffin Kim Walker Klein Acoustic Guitars L Lance Kragenbrink Lance Mccollum Larrivee Guitars Larry Robinson Laurie Williams Lawrence Smart Leo Burrell Les Stansell Linda Manzer Lowden Guitars Lucas Guitars & Tonewoods M Marc Beneteau Mark Berry Marc Maingard Mario Proulx Mark Blanchard Mark Wood Martin Blackwell Martin Guitars Matt Gage Matt Mustapick Mauel Guitars Mcpherson Guitars Mermer Guitars Michael Dunn Michael Heiden Michael Keller Michael Lewis Michael Sussman Mike Collins Moon Guitars Moonstone Guitars N Nashville Guitar Company Northwood Guitars O O.C. Bear Custom Guitars - Clint Bear Oliver Specht Olson Guitars Omega Guitars Oriskany Stringed Instruments Oscar Trezzini P Pagelli - Claudio & Claudia Pagelli - www.pagelli.com Paragon Guitars Paul Beard Guitars Paul E. Smith Paul Mcgill Perlman Guitars Peter Sawchyn Stringed Instruments Petros Guitars Phil Crump Pick-up The World Pimentel Guitars R R. M. Mottola Randy Lucas Randy Wood Rare Bird Guitars Ray Lynch Reuter Guitars Richard Osborne - www.osborneguitars.co.uk Riverfront Music Rob Girdis Robert O'brien Rodolfo Cucculelli Roger Hartshorn Ronnie Griffin Ronnie Griffin Roy Mcalister Roy Noble Running Dog Guitars, Built By Rick Davis RyanThorell S Santa Cruz Scott Baxendale Sergei De Jonge Shelley D. Park Guitars Sheppard Guitars Stephen Owsley Smith Steve Evans Steve Ganz Guitars Steve Wise T Tacoma Taylor Guitars Threet Guitars Tim Mcknight Tim Withers Tippin Guitars Tom Cerletti - 707-433-4749 Tom Dodson - Dodson Guitars (770) 597-7597 Tom Prisloe Tim Reede - www.reedeguitars.com Tom Ribbecke - www.ribbecke.com Tony Vines Trevor Kronbauer True North Guitars U Ukuleles By Kawika V Vince Pawless W Wells Guitars William Cumpiano William Gagnon William Kraus Windy Hill Guitar Works Wings Guitars Woolson Soundcraft Z Zeryab Guitars - Main Mahd
Suppliers & Other Retailers
- Acoustic Woods. Ltd. - Hand pick your own Tonewoods - variety of back and sides to soundboards.
- Alaska Specialty Woods -www.AlaskaWoods.com (Ask for Brent Cole Sr.)
- Allen Guitars - Great tonewood selection, fretboard slotting service and more.
- Allied Lutherie - Lutherie Supplies, tools and some very nice tonewoods. They have Legal Brazillian from stumps.
- Ameritage Cases - Climate controlled cases for virtually any portable musical instrument.
- Colonial Tonewoods - Colonial Tonewoods is a company dedicated to providing luthiers with the finest quality hand selected, air dried tonewoods in the industry.
- Colorado Case - Soft cases and case covers for any musical instrument.
- Diamond Bottlenecks - Diamond Bottlenecks from the U.K.makes glass and lead crystal guitar slides
- EuroSpruce - Our speciality is strictly air dried German Moonspruce (picea abiens) that is usually used for the finest violins or cellos here in Europe.
- Exotic Lumber, Inc. - Exotic Lumber stocks over 140 varieties of hardwoods, softwoods and tonewoods including ebony, Indian rosewood, curly koa, quartersawn wenge, figured bubinga, African blackwood, sitka spruce, fiddleback mahogany and Brazilian rosewood sets... just to name a few! Featuring an extensive selection of turning blanks, planks, logs, and bookmatched sets. We also stock a wide variety of marine grade timbers, sheet goods and veneers.
- FineCases.com - A case for every instrument - you'll find it here.
- Grafted Coatings, Inc. - Makers of the KTM-4A and KTM 9 waterborne finishes
- Guitarwood - Canadian supplier of tonewoods, parts etc.
- International Luthiers Supply, Inc. - Tonewoods, parts and materials for stringed instruments. Tools and finishes, strings and general luthier supplies at good prices.
- John Mickelson - Fossil Ivory King - Fossilized Walrus Ivory bridge pins and instrument fittings from Alaska
- Leonard Musical Instruments - Leonard Musical Instruments sells and manufactures a variety of products for musical instrument construction and decoration. We carry Ivory Nut Blanks, Ivory Saddle Blanks and Ivory Bridge Blanks for many different Guitars, Mandolins, Ukuleles and more.
- Luthier Supply - Andy provides great looking shell inlays for all instruments. Excellent prices on shell blanks too.
- Luthier Tool Company - Nice looking tools for luthiers made by Chris Klumper
- Luthier's Friend - The Luthier's Friend is a one stop sanding station designed to meet the demands of stringed instrument makers.
- Luthier's Mercantile - Luthier Supplies - wide variety of exotic woods.
- MOP Supplies - Australian suppliers of various shell inlay materials.
- Musicians Mart - Cases and other accessories, but mainly cases.
- Northridge Hardwoods - Specializing in figured maple.
- Northwest Timber - Tonewoods.
- Notable Woods - Notable Woods
- Rescue Pearl - Rescue Pearl Company is a well-known distributor of assorted shell material for inlay.
- Shell-Inlay.com - shell & inlay blanks
- Stewart-MacDonald - Luthier supplies, tools, finishes, training materials and more.
- Sully's Straps - Fine Leather Guitar Straps by Pat Sullivan
- Timeless Instruments - Since 1975, a supplier of tonewoods for acoustic instruments.
Other Links of Interest
- Craig Lavin, an inlay artist, displays his fabulous work here. This is some of the finest inlay work I have seen anywhere.
www.autoharpusa.com is a website that is committed in bringing you the best quality autoharps available online and focused on serving you cope with your musical needs. We provide all autoharp accessories along with the best made autoharps so that you can play the best music.
- Guitar Notes Just about everything related to guitars including tons of links
- Frank Ford's Site Everything you ever wanted to know about guitars is here. Frank is the famous luthier/repair guru at Gryphon Stringed Instruments up in the Bay Area. This is one of the coolest websites there is which deals with stringed instruments.
- Yuh-Ya's 000 DeluxeThis Japanese amateur builder shows us his immense talent by building a 000 Deluxe style instrument. This is a very impressive build. Click the 000 link.